- All of our servers are Dell Power Edge Servers
- Xeon i7 CPU’s 8 cores
- 16GB or more RAM
- RAID Drives 7200 RPM
- SSD Drives for mySQL
- CentOS+ Cloud Linux 6.5
- PHP Selector
- Apache 2 with NGINX reverse caching proxy
- ASSP Anti SPAM
- PHP 5
- MySQL 5
- WHM *Re-Seller Accounts
- Fantastico Deluxe
- Backup Manager
FatCat Servers web hosting has servers are located in state-of-the-art data centers operated by Liquid Web. Conveniently located in Central US, Lansing, Michigan. This is optimally located for North America
Liquid Web data centers, manned 24/7/365 by onsite, highly trained Heroic Support® technicians, feature some of the quickest response times in the industry. These data centers also feature numerous zones for added redundancy, as well as the ability to team with our US-West region to provide true Geographic Redundancy in multiple disaster-neutral US locations.
Tier-1 Premium Bandwidth
Providing the highest quality Internet connectivity and performance is our top priority. We have selected premium Tier-1 bandwidth providers, ensuring minimal latency and fast connections to all points of the global Internet. We are proud to feature direct connectivity with Cogent, Level3, Verizon, and Comcast. Our aggregate connectivity reaches an astounding 8,500+ networks just a single network away from our uplinks.
Our power systems feature extensive fault tolerance and resilience at every layer. From multiple uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) with redundant battery cabinets, to Liebert Precision and Eaton Power distribution units that handle final power transformation and distribution to racks, we ensure clean and consistent power to our data center equipment. Additionally, each facility has multiple emergency generators waiting on standby.
Environmental processing systems include redundant Liebert Precision 22 ton up flow air conditioning units. Temperature and humidity are precisely regulated year round to ensure optimal equipment reliability. Each unit contains independent compressors and cooling loops to further enhance fault tolerance and reliability. Air filtration systems actively remove foreign particles from circulation and cycle the entire data center air supply in a matter of minutes.
SoftLayer Data Centers
FatCat Servers houses web hosting servers in several data centers operated by SoftLayer owned by IBM. SoftLayer houses more than 180,000 web hosting servers and is one of the largest Data Center Service Providers in the world.
We are currently housing web hosting servers in three separate SoftLayer data centers Houston Data Center 1 (H1), Houston Data Center 2 (H2), Dallas Data Center 6 (D6).
About SoftLayer Webhost Data Center Design
All SoftLayer hosting data centers are built upon SoftLayer’s unique pod design concept, making them functionally independent with distinct and redundant resources, and fully integrated through SoftLayer’s revolutionary network architecture.
Data Center Pod Concept
Each data center facility features one or more pods, each built to the same specifications with best-in-class webhost methodologies to support up to 5,000 web hosting servers. Leveraging this standardization across all geographic locations, we optimize key data center performance variables including: space, power, network, personnel, and internal infrastructure.
Houston Data Center 1 Specifications
Houston Data Center 2 Specifications
Dallas Data Center 6 Specifications
Atlanta 1 Data Center
Top 10 Network icon Rated ‘Top 10 Performing Network
IRP Premium Blend of 8 Transit Providers Included
- (Level 3, TWTC, XO, Telia Carrier, Seabone, Cogent, Century Link & NTT)
- 100% Network uptime since 2016 commissioning
- 260Gbps network capacity
- Privately peered with 300+ networks
- DDoS protected
- Noction IRP Routing Protocol
- 40Gbps ports available
- All data centers interconnected
- Level 3, Cogent, XO, & NTT. TIE Peering Exchange with routing optimized for performance across our national network. Cross-connections available
Reliable power icon Reliable Power
- 100% Power uptime
- Diesel generator power redundancy
- 1000 gallons of diesel fuel allowing
- 24 hours generator run time
- N+1 high efficiency battery UPS
- 120V & 208V power available
Controlled server environment icon Controlled Server Environment
- 234 Tons of N+2 CRAC cooling
- Dry pipe dual-interlock pre-action overhead fire suppression system
Secure Physical Environment icon Secure Physical Environment
- 5,000 square feet of raised floor data center space
- Dual-factor authentication for entry
- 30 story high-rise building in downtown
- Routine Preventive maintanence on all critical infrastructure assets
- 24/7 Falcon monitoring of all critical infrastructure assets
- 24/7 on-premise staff
- 24/7 monitoring of all facility entry points
- 20+ motion activated cameras throughout facility
- Man-trap entrance
Audits Certification icon Audits & Certifications
- SSAE-16 SOC 2 Type 2 Certified
- PCI compliant